Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's Tough Being Popular

This morning was the official opening of the conference and I already had complete laryngitis. I'm sooooo popular, I have to talk to everybody. I did make it to the 7:00 am run and it was a lot harder than I expected. There were 20 of us and the majority were pretty serious runners. I guess I'll have to hit the treadmill harder when I get back to try and train my short legs to keep up.

The highlight of day was being featured in a popular Planet Eclipse blog written by Ed, from IBM in Toronto. It's a whole series of me pretending to be nice to people before beating on them in order to force them to do webinars. Eveyone's personal fave was me choking David, one of our Board members. I've only known Ed since September, so it's a bit scary that he already has "Evil Lynn" figured out.

In the evening there was a reception in the sponsor hall. I suspect the dinner theme was "deep fried". You get an extra drink ticket if you wear a sticker that says "Ask me about...". I filled in laryngitis. Hilarious.

After the reception I went out to dinner with a bunch of friends that work at Oracle. When we got back, the lobby bar was the place to be and I lasted until just after midnight.

No comments: