Friday, August 22, 2008

Wicked

Last night Kevin and I went to see the Broadway musical Wicked. I wasn't a huge fan of the book despite my love for The Wizard of Oz - my all-time favourite movie, but the story was much better in musical form. The basic story line is the "untold story of the witches of Oz", when Glinda and the Wicked Witch of the West are roommates in college. The Glinda role is very funny. She's really into boys and popularity. Little did Kevin know, I used her patented hair "toss-toss" move to win him over. The musical has been around since 2003 so I'm glad I finally got a chance to see it. Definitely recommended.

Walking back to the car after the show, I officially became an Ontarioan. August 21 - it only took 2 years and 22 days. This lady was pulling out into the street from a parking lot and yells out the window to us, "Where are we?" Kevin and I yell back in unison "Ottawa" and keep walking past. We didn't stop to help or even yell the street name afterwards. Am I still technically a Manitoban if I feel guilty about not helping? Kevin claims we were rude as a service to them, so they could learn to think for themselves. But he was raised in Toronto, for gosh sakes! Wicked.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I loved the "toss toss" in Wicked! So funny! I am glad that you enjoyed it.

Congratulations on becoming an Ontarioan.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.