Friday, July 4, 2008

Love Thy Neighbour(s)

Two couples that live on our street came over for dinner today: Maia & Erwin and Amy & Andrew. Amy’s a vegetarian so Kevin and I did our best to cook a menu largely made up of recipes we’d never tried before. Except for having to make a 2nd batch of meringues for the dessert (I shake my fist at you and your baking directions Jamie Oliver), it all went well. Although I’ve decided I’m not a big fan of bean burgers. Other than the fine company, the highlight of the evening was finally cracking open our last bottle of ice wine.


It’s nice to know that if our house is being robbed we now have at least 2 sets of neighbours that will care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a German saying "Love you neighbour but do not take down the fence". Sasha