Monday, January 21, 2008

Bye Bye Toenails!

I went to the local community center gym to go running in an attempt to prepare for ultimate frisbee this summer. And, as always, lose 10 pounds. No matter what I weigh, I always want to lose 10 pounds. Unattainable goals keep life interesting.

I'd worn my regular runners outside in the summer, so I thought I'd wear my dance sneakers for 1 night while I washed the regular pair. I
knew I wouldn't be doing too much on the first run anyways, so proper support - blah blah - wouldn't matter.

Surprise! It does matter.
I got home and the nails on my big toes were already purple with bruising within a few hours. From past experience, this means it's only a matter of time until they fall off. Maybe I'll have stubs back just in time for open toe shoes at Tess's wedding in the summer. Note that the photo doesn't fully capture the blisters on my pinky toes and heels.

No comments: