Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What a Handsome Boy

I took Spuckler to the vet for a checkup to make sure she was healthy before we start unleashing her on Savvy. All's well, and as a bonus, she didn't bite or pee on the vet.

The best part of the visit was in the waiting room I was sitting next to a guy with a fairly big dog. This old lady passed by the guy and his dog as she was leaving, holding her little, fluffy dog, and starts saying, "What a handsome boy! What a handsome boy!" to them, in a voice that you'd use on a baby. I missed my chance for the best line ever. As soon as she was out the door, I was ready to turn to the guy and deadpan "You're dog's nice too," but I couldn't do it. So single ladies, keep that one in your pocket for future reference.

Clearly an indication I'm getting old. Plus it's harder to pull off when you're brunette and displaying evidence of being a crazy bunny lady.

No comments: