Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kevin's Birthday - Bring on the Booze

Happy Birthday to Kevin! I gave him a call today to send birthday love.

I didn't make the 7:00 am run again. I started to feel the pain today, but there's only 1 more day to go.

Kevin's boss gave a talk in the afternoon that was pretty cool. The room was packed! Towards the end, they did a demo using flickr and Kevin tried to hack it so that photos of the rabbits or me would come up, but it didn't work. (They call Kevin "bunny boy" at work, so revenge would have only been fair.)

After the talks were done, a few of us headed over to In-N-Out Burger for dinner. A true American experience, apparently. They only have 4 items on the menu not including drinks: hamburger, cheeseburger, double cheeseburger and fries. I really shouldn't have missed the run this morning.

Back at the conference there was another reception... with 2 chocolate fountains! 1 white chocolate and 1 milk chocolate. I can't be trusted with chocolate fountains in public (other people don't seem to like my fingers in there), so I stuck to the drinks.

There was also a post-reception party with more drinks. After that the head of the company opened up a $2,000 bar tab in the lobby. That lasted 90 minutes. I somehow made it to 2:00 am and set the alarm for 6:00.

No comments: