Friday, April 11, 2008

Beaten Down by Frisbees and a Bunny

I went to an ultimate frisbee clinic last night and am feeling it today. Surprisingly, my throws were still respectable despite a good 5 years off playing, but after lunging and throwing for 40 minutes my thighs were burning. I've been running 3.5 to 4 miles twice a week on the treadmill for the last 3 months so I thought I was going to be awesome. I guess I wasn't built for lunges. Just lounges.

Injuries noted today include bruised left palm, some broken nails and two bunny bites on my left shoulder (Spuckler apparently wasn't ready to go to bed last night).

I'm only planning to play some pick-up games this summer or play as a sub, rather than joining an ultimate team, so hopefully my old body can handle it. The minimum age for the masters (i.e. seniors) league here is 35, so I've got 3 more years to suffer with the young folk.

No comments: